Wow… that’s all I can say about my zucchini plants. I can’t keep up with them! lol. I can’t believe I am saying this… but thats true. I pick so many that I feel I am eating zucchinis every day. The good news is that I love zucchini, so I just get creative and cook with them.
Today I am making a simple summer zucchini tart using fresh herbs and zucchini from the garden. I am using an arugula pesto that I previously made and froze, but you can swap that for regular pesto, or whatever your favorite pesto is. Just be aware that the flavor might change a little bit.
Lets get to work!
- 1 Sheet puff pastry
- 3 cups Sliced zucchini 1 medium zucchini
- 4 Tbsp Arugula Pesto *See Notes
- 1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp Fresh oregano chopped
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet on a baking sheet. Using a fork, pinch the dough and pre-bake it for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the pesto. (You just want a thin coat.)
- Top it with the zuchini slices. Season with the olive oil salt, pepper and oregano.
- Add the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and Bon Profit!