Phew… its hot out here, about mid 90’s everyday, somedays 100F. When it’s this hot I really like to drink something very refreshing. Today I am making a white wine sangria. Its easy to make, but it requires some time in the fridge so all the flavors can marry.
In Spain, the classic sangria is the red wine sangria, a classic summer drink. I gave the classic a twist, and I am using white wine instead of red wine. For the wine, I used a Spanish Verdejo. You want something a little more fruit forward, not dry. You could also use Sauvignon Blanc. I am also using orange liqueur and blackberry liqueur, but if you don’t have either, use another fruity liqueur.
White Wine Sangria
- 750 ml White Wine 1 bottle
- 1 Apple Sliced and Cored
- 1 Yellow Peach Sliced
- 1 White Peach Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Bluberries *See notes
- 1/3 Cup Orange Liqueur *See notes
- 1/3 Cup Blackberry Liqueur *See notes
- In a large pitcher add all the ingredients EXCEPT for the ice. Stir and put it in the fridge for at least 60 to 90 minutes. 15 minutes before serving add ice.
- Enjoy! Bon profit!