I hope y’all had great holidays! Mine were fantastic. I went to Spain to see my family. My baby girl did great on the plane! (kudos to her!). I ate so much in Spain, food is so good. Wine is amazing… Gin and tonics are delicious. If you follow me on instagram you probably know what I am talking about… 😉
Today I am making something completely different. I am making vegan muffins. Don’t let the word vegan scare you. You will not notice that these muffins are made out of plant-based ingredients! The muffins are very chocolaty, banana-ey, moist … you name it!
Ingredients (ALL ingredients are VEGAN).
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour (SPOON the flour directly into the measuring cup from the container- DO NOT scoop the flour from the container or bag directly with the measuring cup)
- 1 cup dark unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl or using your stand mixer, mash the bananas (If using a mixer, mash them on medium speed).
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, sift the flour, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Add the maple syrup, olive oil, agave, vanilla, coffee and milk to the mashed bananas and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mashed bananas bowl. Mix gently (on low speed) until all ingredients are fully combined for about 30 seconds. Don’t over-mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and fold with a spatula.
- Scoop evenly into a prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes, then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out *almost* clean.