- 2 Large Tomatoes Very ripe
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Lemon Juice About 1 medium lemon
- Bunch of Mint OPTIONAL but recomended
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Place the tomatoes in the boiling pot for 2 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes from the pot and put them in a cold water bath. Once cold, or at room temperature, peel them.
- Put the tomatoes into a blender or food procesor and blend them up (it shouldn't take more than a minute).
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, mint (if using) and the tomatoes (that were already blended). Stir on a low to medium heat for 10 minutes. Place a lid on the sauce pan and leave it on a low heat for 35- 45 minutes. Remove the mint.
- Remove the jam from the heat and transfer to a clean jar. Cover and cool completely before moving the jam to the fridge.
- Serve with cheese, crackers or with your favorite snack!
- Enjoy and Bon profit!