9.5K FollowersJump to Recipe
I hope everyone is doing well and cooking and baking a lot! Today’s recipe is a cake, my go-to cake, or Bizcocho. That’s what we call it in Spain. This cake is very popular in Spain, and I swear this is the easiest cake ever! (My personal nickname is Easy Cake.) No frosting, no special tools … all you need are a bowl, a whisk and a mold for the cake. And it’s always good to have a little cake around the house.
I think the first time I made this cake I was 6 or 7 years old. Yup, it’s that easy. You can use a round mold or a square one, it doesn’t matter. The cake stays fresh for a couple of days, but I am telling you, you’ll eat it before that. You could also keep it in the fridge and it would last about 5 days.
I always dust powdered sugar on top of the cake, but you can get as creative as you want, and cover the cake with chocolate frosting, lemon frosting… Go crazy, or go easy and traditional and just use powdered sugar.
- 3 Medium eggs room temperature
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 5 oz Plain or Lemon Yogurt 1 Small yougurt
- 2 oz Neutral Oil
- 3 oz Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a cake mold with your favorite spray or with butter.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the yogurt and the olive oil, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and lemon zest. Whisk until combined. Be careful, don’t overmix the batter.
- Transfer the mixture to the cake mold and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. And take it out of the mold.
- Once the cake is fully cooled, dust with some powdered sugar (optional)
- See how easy that was!? Enjoy and bon profit!