Hola! Jump to Recipe
Spring is here! Time flies, I can’t believe it’s April already. I love to see the flowers blooming and to hear the birds singing, don’t you?!
With this nice weather, I already start feeling the coming of fresh ingredients that we will be arriving soon; raspberries, blueberries, asparagus, tomatoes, etc. and etc.! Can’t wait!
Today at the supermarket, I saw these gorgeous strawberries. I could have just eaten them right there they smelled so good. I had a craving for strawberry jam, so I made it! So easy to make at home and usually a lot healthier too. Seriously, you will want to forget about supermarket jellies, jams or whatever else they call them. This recipe includes lemon, strawberries and some sugar. Boom, done! Lets do it!
- 2 Ibs Strawberries Use ripe strawberries
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 oz Lemon Juice 1 medium lemon
- Cut the strawberries into chunks and place them in a pot with 1 1/2 cups sugar and the lemon juice. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low heat.
- Simmer for about 1 hour on low heat. Stir once in a while.
- Half way thru, mash the mixture with a masher. I love to find chunks of fruit in my jam.
- Dribble some of the jam onto a wooden spoon and wait a few seconds for it to cool. Run your finger through the jam. If it makes a clear path through the jam and doesn’t fill in, then the jam in ready.
- Move the jam from the heat and transfer to a clean jar. Cover and cool completely before moving the jam to the fridge for long-term storage.
- Enjoy and Bon Profit!