One of my favorites treats to eat in the summer is ice cream. I usually make my own ice cream, and oh boy, it is beyond delicious! I mean who doesn’t like ice cream right? Well, I am sorry if you don’t…
Today I am making a classic. Ice cream sandwiches. I think this is a classic in the US, Spain and all over the world! These ice cream sandwiches really took me back to my childhood. Eating them by the beach or pool while playing with my friends. I really want to recreate these fun memories for my baby girl! Well, she’s not that much of a baby anymore, she is 1-year old already!
For this recipe, I am using vanilla ice cream, but please use your favorite ice cream. Go crazy! lol. Let’s make them!
Ice cream sandwiches
- 1/2 cup All purpose flour Scoop the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon.
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder Extra dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup Sugar PureCane Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 8 tbsp Melted butter 1 stick
- 1 Medium egg Room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Quart Ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 15" x 10" baking pan with parchment paper.
Transfer the ice cream to the fridge so it's soft for spreading.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the egg and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Spoon and spread the batter into a prepared pan. The batter is pretty thick!
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and poke some holes on the dough. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Once its cool, cut in half.
- Scoop the softened ice cream onto the chocolate dough. You’ll use about 1 quart of ice cream. Using the back of a spoon, spread it into an even and thick layer.
- Cover the entire pan with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 90 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer. Using a sharp knife, cut into rectangles.
- Serve immediately or wrap each one individually and store in the freezer.