Wow, I can’t believe Christmas is almost here. 3 more weeks to go! Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year. Every year, I go back to Spain to celebrate the holidays with my family. This year I am also going with my baby girl! Exciting!
As many of you know, I love to bake. But around the holidays, I love to bake even more! Today, I made Hazelnut & Peppermint Chocolate Cookies. These cookies scream holidays! Bake them for someone special on your list or maybe just for yourself. You’re special too!
Ingredients (makes approximately 20 cookies):
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coffee liqueur
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (SPOON the flour directly into the measuring cup from the container- DO NOT scoop the flour from the container or bag directly with the measuring cup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (preferably roasted)
- 9 ounces (1 bag) peppermint filled baking truffles (I used Nestle)
Whisk the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in a bowl until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg, vanilla and coffee liquor. Set aside.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix together. Add the milk.
Add the chopped hazelnuts and the peppermint filled baking truffles and mix together.
Put the dough in the fridge while the oven is preheating at 350F. (The dough will be very thick).
Line a large non-stick baking sheet. Scoop the dough into balls. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges appear set.
Cool cookies on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy, bon profit!