The countdown to Christmas is here. I recently returned to Spain to celebrate the holidays with my family. It’s great to be back, but I would skip the 8 hour plane ride if I could… It’s not that bad though. I do enjoy flying and it goes by fast enough that I barely sleep. I really look forward to seeing all of my family. Let’s see if I can cook with my grandma and post some recipes.
I apologize If I don’t post for a while, but I’m not sure how much time I’ll have. I will do my best. If you are on Facebook or Instagram, I will definitely post some local and traditional Spanish food there.
For today, I made something very “chocolatey”. It is called Coulant de Chocolate. I used to make it a lot back in college with one of my friends. The beauty of this dessert is that you can freeze them, and whenever you have a craving for chocolate, you can just pop them in the oven for 15 minutes. I would describe this dessert as a mini chocolate cake with melted chocolate inside. Trust me, its super delicious.
Coulant de Chocolate
- 3 Eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup Chopped chocolate I used 70% chooclate
- 3 Tbsp Soft butter
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Four
- 1 Tbsp Coco Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Spray 6 4 ounce ramekins with nonstick spray or with soft butter and dust with cocoa powder.
- Place the the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 20-second increments. Stir after each until the chocolate is almost melted. Once the chocolate is melted, add the butter, stir until combined. Set aside and let it cool down.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs for about a minute and slowly add the sugar. Once combined, add the melted chocolate. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix until combined. The batter will be thick.
- Spoon the chocolate batter into each ramekin. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 1hour or up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Bake the frozen coulants for 11 to 12 minutes. The sides will look firm, but the tops/ middle will look soft.
- Cover each ramekin with a plate and turn it over (the ramekins will be hot! Use an oven mitten!).
- Serve immediately with ice cream, whipped cream, or with your favorite topping!