Wow! What a year… For those that follow me on Instagram, you may know that I was pregnant and that I had a gorgeous baby girl this summer. She is already 3 months old! Time flies…
Fall is here and I am happy about that. I love summertime but this year it was just too hot, especially for a new baby. Sorry that I haven’t been posting many recipes lately on my blog, but I have been busier on Instagram! If you don’t follow me, what are you waiting for?! 😉
Today I made a Coconuty Carrot Cake. The cake is very moist, and since it has 2 cups of carrots and olive oil, I consider it pretty healthy… lol.
If you want it even “healthier”, you can skip the chocolate, but for us chocoholics, I strongly encourage at least a little drizzle…
Let’s do it!
- 4 Eggs Room Temperature
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup olive oil
- 2 Cups grated carrots
- 1 and 1/3 Cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (SPOON the flour directly into the measuring cup from the container- DO NOT scoop the flour from the container or bag directly with the measuring cup)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, brown and granulated sugar and olive oil until well blended.
- Add the carrots and the coconut and mix until blended, about 30 seconds.
- In another large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually beat this into the egg and sugar mixture until blended. (Don't over mix it!)
- Transfer to a greased bundt cake. Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
Chocolate- Coconut Glaze:
- To roast the coconut, place a 1/2 cup of coconut onto a roasting pan and bake for 3 minutes at 350 F. Stir with a spatula and continue baking until the coconut is golden brown, about 2 to 3 more minutes. Cool completely.
- Chocolate:. Microwave the chocolate in 30-second intervals, stirring between each. Stir, and repeat until the chocolate is almost melted (2 or 3 times).
- Pour the melted chocolate in a piping bag and drizzle it over the cake. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
- Enjoy, Bon Profit!