I’ve been wanting to cook this recipe for a long time… because it is something that is super easy, super fast and super delicious.
I like to go to the market and see what’s new and fresh in the seafood department, actually I like to look for new ingredients in all of the departments. I usually go to the market for 2 things and I am back home with 2 full grocery bags. I am terrible. Every time it is the same. Hopefully, I am not the only one. 🙂
This dish has, rice, vegetables and cod, also known as bacalao in Spanish, bacallà in catalan. It’s a pretty common dish in Catalonia (northeast of Spain) . There are different ways to make it. I thought this would be the easiest.
Ingredients for 4:
– 1 1/2 cups rice
– 2 pounds cod, cut into bit- sized chucks
– 1 medium onion
– 1 zucchini
– 1 red pepper
– 1 green pepper
-1 large ripe tomato, grated
– 2 cloves garlic
– 4 cups vegetable broth
Suggestions; you can also add artichoke hearts, carrots, peas….
- Chop all the veggies.
- In a medium pan, cook the onion for a few minutes, until translucent.
- Add the other vegetables and cook for about 5 – 7 minutes, until soft.
- Add the cod, stir and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable broth and the rice. Cook on a medium heat until the rice is cooked. Shake the pan every few minutes. It will take about 30 to 40 minutes.
* If you already have cooked rice: Slice the cod into small pieces and place it into the pan with the other veggies. Pour in the vegetable broth (you will need about 1 1/2 cup of broth since you will not be cooking the rice, just the vegetables and cod). . Let it cook for a few minutes on medium low heat until the cod is cooked. Add the cooked rice. Shake the pan to be sure all the ingredients are mixed well and they get the flavor.